Sunday, November 6, 2011

San Diego ~ 'The World Famous, SD Zoo'

You know, growing up around here I always heard the phrase 'the world famous SD zoo' and never thought much about it.  I guess I figured it was just a slogan the zoo came up with decades ago and stuck with it.  Not until I moved away 8+ years ago; when I would tell people I was from SD and 8 out of 10 would say something like 'OHHHH you have that Zoo!' that I realized WOW it really is World Famous!  I LOVE our zoo!  If you read the blog when Kayla and I lived here back in 2008 you might remember that we were there all.the.time!  It's just such a peaceful and relaxing place and their conservation and educational programs are endless, which I thoroughly appreciate.  AND it's something special to be able to watch your children take so much pleasure in the same experiences you had growing up.  So on this trip to San Diego a visit to the zoo was definitely in order, as it is during just about every visit to SD ;) !  And Grandpa Ron and Grandma Linda joined us :) 






This visit to the zoo was especially exciting because there were baby animals everywhere!  And since we were there right when the park opened they were all pretty active.  These two tiger cubs {and the young panda later in this post} were our favorites.
 




So usually when you walk through the panda exhibit you see pretty much just this:


There is always a park employee there to remind you that panda bears like their peace and quiet and to please be respectful of that.  But this time the young panda was feeling very playful and it was just cracking the kiddos {and us too} up!  I had never seen a panda play like this and it was a real treat!
 






































No comments: